Peninsula Youth Sailing Foundation (PYSF) provides instruction, coaching, practice, and racing opportunities for youth in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some have become top sailors in the US.
Year-round sailing programs provide opportunities for kids to learn to sail and develop sailing skills using Optimists, Flying Juniors, 420s, and Lasers. Sailors are trained to compete in local regattas in preparation for events along the West Coast. Clinics are offered for experienced members and summer camps are a fun way for young beginners to learn to sail, and race, in small boats.
PYSF Director and Head Coach
As a 2012 Olympian, Molly O'Bryan Vandemoer competed in the Match Racing discipline with teammates Anna Tunnicliffe and Debbie Capozzi. This graduate from the University of Hawaii has coached at Severn Sailing Association, Annapolis Yacht Club, the US Naval Academy, and CISA. Her sailing honors include Match Racing World Champion (2011), Snipe Women's World Champion (2011), US Sailing Team Member (2003-2015), College National Champion (2001), All-American Team (2000-2002), High School National Champion (1996).
Molly grew up sailing with her family in San Diego, CA. She began sailing in Sabots, moving on to both skippering and crewing in High School (USDHS), College (UH), Laser II's, 470's, Match Racing and most recently in the 49er FX. She loves being able to see the kids learn the life-long sport of sailing and progress in their racing ability.
- US Coast Guard Approved Lifejacket
- Bailer (plastic juice/bleach/milk jug with bottom cut off)
- Sailing Boots (best), aqua shoes, or rubber soled shoes (old tennis shoes)
- Packed lunch in a large zip lock bag
- Snack bars stored in lifejacket
- Water Bottle
- Hat to shade sun or protect from cold depending on the weather forecast
- Change of clothes
- Wetsuit or spray top and bottoms
- Shin Guards – optional
- Helmet - optional, but strongly recommended
- Order PYSF branded sailing gear by clicking here.
- Signed Waiver
- Boat and sail number along with names of other team members